Monday, March 21, 2016

Post #8

As 3D printing is perfected and modified to be affordable and efficient I think it holds a lot of promise in the classroom. 3D printing will allow teachers to print basic materials for students like paper, pencil, pens and other classroom materials. This is extremely beneficial because it cuts out the hassle of future teacher like myself having to go and purchase these items and at the same time it helps make sure students are never with our proper schooling supplies. Furthermore I would use this technology in order to educate my students on specific subjects. For example if I am teaching and geography class and we are talking about Europe I would print out a sample of the Eiffel tower because it is an important monument in Europe.

I am a supporter of technology in the classroom. I believe that technology helps enhance student learning and at the same time prepare them for upper education levels and ultimately future jobs. When there are students in my classroom that do not have access to technology like iPads or laptops I will make sure to give ample time for assignment that require technology and that way the students can use resources like the library to get the assignment done.


The PowerPoint assignment was very useful in learning how to create an interactive class lecture. It help give me a strong foundation on how to properly use power point to develop a lecture. I learned how to use both animations and transitions. It helped me figure out how to post direct links to external sources and I think most importantly it helped think of what teaching is actually like. It helped me see that teaching is not just posting a power point but portraying and explaining the information on the screen to the students and with your explanation help reinforce what is on the power point.

No comments:

Post a Comment