Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Blog #9

The flipped classroom i think is a really good way to get students to learn. I think that hands on trainings is usually the most impactful way to reach students. It gets students actively involved in the classroom in fields that they are interested in. But it dose not just get them involved in the academia aspect but it gets them involved in real world scenarios.


A really impactful web based scenario that I will use in the classroom for professional development is Purdue owl. Purdue owl is a online web page that contains all type of grammar rules, professional formatting, and proper structure for written communication. I think this is important because writing is the most common way of communication between professionals and scholars. Like everyone one we are all humans and can make mistakes or forget proper grammar at times, but when communicating it is very important to have proper writing skills and Purdue is an excellent resource to help with that.


The interactive power point assignment was very cool. It allowed me to use features in powerpoint that I had no idea existed. It also allowed me to make a very fun educational game. I made math game and it was astonishing how many of my friends got some of the questions wrong. It showed me that the education system needs to do a better job of having our students develop stronger mathematical skills. But what really shocked me was that most of my friends that were non science majors or engineers really guessed them self on some of the question. But my girlfriend who is a science major did exceptionally well. So then it makes me think is it the education system or the respective fields in which we each choose to pursue.




No comments:

Post a Comment