Tuesday, February 9, 2016

blog post #3

As a college student I spend most of my time either solving some complex accounting problem or deciphering some text of information and giving my educated opinion on the topic. The majority of the time I am focused on non fiction writing. I feel like I am most suited to teach students the standard that deals with non-fiction reading and development of reading analysis with in the class room.  I am looking forward to learning more about the speech standard and being able to formulate opinion in a verbal but educate manner.


When I become a instructor I want to be able to teach college students. At this level I think the programs and software most appropriate for the education level is google as a search engine, google drive, and google drop box. As a college student you will be thrown a lot of information and ask about a lot of topics some familiar and some unfamiliar. Google search engine is there to help with the unfamiliar items and give you a web full of resources on that topic. Furthermore, you will have assignments and a lot of different information give to you and some of it you would like to keep that is where good drive comes in. It is a easy, fast, and safe way to store your information and data which is a major key when you are a college student. Lastly google drop box one of the best way to get information is by sharing information. Most college students rely on each other to succeed both inside the classroom and outside and a convenient way to share information is Google drop box.



When working on the newsletter I saw from a first hand experience what being a teacher feels like. I got to see how complicated it is to make something engaging and informative at the same time, and how to differentiate from important topics to not so important topics. I learned with this assignment that organization is key in a newsletter if you want it to do is intended purpose. What I did not like about the assignment is that it was very graphic based instead of information based. Although the graphics are important the text Is what the parents will read and it deserves more emphasis. In my future career I will make sure to devote enough time for newsletters so that I may have time to critically think about the positioning of my things in my newsletter and if they will achieve my desire results from a educational and psychological perspective.


5 comments:

  1. I agree about the newsletters being more graphic rather than information based. I am looking to teach elementary school though so I guess graphics are more appropriate for that age group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the newsletters being more graphic rather than information based. I am looking to teach elementary school though so I guess graphics are more appropriate for that age group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you when you said this newsletter made you see what it is really like to be a teacher and how surprisingly difficult it was to try to get others to engage in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that at the college level students are at a higher level where these programs and computer software we are learning about is more useful and appropriate. I also agree that the newsletter being more graphic based was hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that's really awesome that you want to teach at a college level. The newsletter also gave me the feeling of acting like a teacher.

    ReplyDelete