Monday, January 11, 2016

Blog #0

Growing up I always used computers. The knowledge I had then was very rudimentary, all I knew was the basics how to play Pre-installed games, view email, and chat.  As I progressed in age and in school I started learning more about technology and incorporating it into my life. I used my cell phone as an alarm, my computer to look up summaries on books, and recorders to record my professors and have lectures at hand. The older I got the more I got out of technology and the better I understood it.

I hope in this class to continue learning about technology and find new ways to help it improve my daily activities. I want to be able to learn efficient ways of synthesizing and portraying information. I want to learn how to use word, and PowerPoint in professional settings and how to use excel to display numerical data. My overall goal is to become a better professional and use the resources that are available to their full potential.

In my learning style test I learned that on some categories I am well balanced and in others I lean a little more to specific areas. In the visual and verbal category of learning I am pretty centered but leaning a little towards the visual learning. Which I think is important because next time I am studying and do not understand something I can look for diagrams and see if that helps me progress. The test also indicated that although I am a reflective learner I am pretty well balanced between reflective and active learning. Now as I study for this course and my other courses I will make sure to go over things multiple times since I know now I learn best reviewing things multiple times.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post, Henry! Your reflection about your learning styles questionnaire is very insightful. I'm glad you were able to understand more about yourself as a learner.

    ReplyDelete